Why Mosquito Screens Are Vital For Your Home Or Business
Mosquitoes Are Dangerous
Mosquitoes are smaller than a thumbnail, but they can pose huge health risks.
It is estimated that more than 200+ species are found throughout the USA alone, some of which can transmit mosquito borne illnesses such as the dreaded West Nile virus as well as other viruses that can cause encephalitis, or swelling of the brain.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, since the West Nile virus was first identified in New York in 1999, close to 20 000 cases of the virus have been reported throughout the USA, and accounted for more than 750 deaths,
The symptoms of West Nile virus include headache, high fever, neck stiffness, disorientation, convulsions, vision loss and paralysis; and as already proven the disease can be fatal.
Use Mosquito Screens On Your Windows & Doors
It is a common fact that mosquitoes cause major health problems throughout the world by carrying and transmitting infectious agents that cause diseases such as elephantiasis, malaria, and yellow and dengue fevers.
Thus it is important to use insect screens on your windows and doors for your family protection.
It is vital to protect yourself and your family from mosquitoes, especially during the hot weather and summer months, when mosquito populations are most prevalent.
Not only are mosquitoes dangerous, but they’re also frightfully annoying.
Fortunately, the majority of people realize that mosquitoes can readily and easily spread disease and impact on a family’s health and wellbeing.
Here are a number of tips to help protect against mosquito populations thriving in and around your homes and/or your business:
- When outdoors, apply an EPA-approved insect repellent on clothing and exposed skin.
- The prime mosquito-biting hours is between dusk to dawn, – so wear long sleeves and pants in addition to repellent, or consider staying indoors.
- Make sure insect screens on windows and doors are a tight fit and have no splits, openings or holes.
- Mosquitoes only need a small amount of water to breed and survive, so eliminate breeding sites by emptying standing water from objects around the home, including flowerpots, buckets, tire swings and children’s wading pools. Change the water in pet dishes and birdbaths regularly.
Controlling mosquito populations can be difficult, but for your family’s health and wellbeing it pays to be vigilant.
6 reasons why you should choose a magnetic flyscreen as your push out window flyscreen
- Magnetic fly screens are streamlined, tidy and will not hinder views or take up valuable space in your Kent home
- Opening & closing the insect screen to access your window is very easy with a flexible PVC frame
- Magneticfly screens can be utilised on nearly every window type including: timber, steel and UPVC
- A high quality fly screen made from sturdy and long-lasting products & materials
- We are a family-owned business who strive to provide extraordinary service
- All magneticfly screens include a lifetime parts replacement guarantee
I love the screens! Easy to put together and easy to use… Great value for money…would highly recommend these screens.Tali Filip
Very satisfied with my new insect screens and the speed of delivery after ordering. Excellent product and service - highly recommend to others.Kayla Lanzon
Have A Question Before Wanting To Make An Online Order?